Eide, Skifjorden, Sørbøheia
I had my first Project-Based Learning on the 6th of October 2020. But before having the PBL, I need to pick which of the activity I will choose. From many activities offered, we were given 3 options to pick and I personally chose all outdoor activities because it seems really fun to engage Norway's nature more. As final, I got a PBL called No Limit with another 11 friends where we plan our 3 days outdoor schedule and so we decided to stay in a beautiful cabin by the fjord then planning to canoe on the first day and hiking on the second day, then ended the activity by another canoeing.
We were amazed by the scenery on the day we arrived at the cabin for the first time. It is located by the fjord and a small dock and a small hill across the cabin. The cabin was so pretty with a small garden and a terrace next to the kitchen that we can use for eating outside. Inside, the furniture was again so cute with mostly wooden-made, traditional Scandi style. The cabin has many windows that allow us to enjoy the sunshine from the living room make the cabin feels even wider.
After arriving, we went to the dock to grab our canoe. Frankly speaking, that was my first time going on a canoe and I was so excited at the time. So when my other 2 friends and I have our canoe, we started to canoe with me sitting in the front. Going on a canoe requires us to have body balance and of course, teamwork. We need to keep rowing and rowing until to get the canoe moves. Instead of feeling afraid of falling and tired, I felt so amazed by the fjord we canoe on. The fjord is connected to the North and so when we row, we can see the horizon of the limitless sea on the middle way and hills with trees on both sides. On the canoe, I felt so relieved, happy, and cannot stop staring from every inch of the view. It was so beautiful that I even forgot about assignments and all the confusing IB stuff. I enjoy every second I had at the time, grateful that I can see jellyfish right under my canoe and starfishes on the bottom of the fjord. Yes, the water was so clear!!
Before continuing our canoe trip, we stopped by the small island on our left to have our packed lunch. You guessed it, a sandwich. Fruits and hot chocolate that our teacher brought make the lunch taste greater. Anyway, it was pretty tiring too, and when we finished our lunch some of my energetic friends canoeing around the island and for some, taking a short nap. Hahaha.



Then we continued our trip to the edge of the fjord where we can see the North Sea closer. Below, I attached some pictures I took when we arrived at the edge of the fjord.

That was pretty much what we did on the first day, sad that I could not take a picture of the jellyfish and the starfish, because I was too fascinated and forget to capture them. Well on the second day, we went on hiking. I was never a big fan of long hiking, it is tiring. So when we had our second day, I was not that excited as the first day. But, cannot be denied, the path that we walk on felt like we were on a fairy tale story. Green mosses spread with trees everywhere and small ponds. When we reached the top, the scenery, for the uncounted times, amazed me. We were also then, made a Norwegian breadstick with cinnamon when we took a rest. Now that I think about the pictures from the hike, reminds me of a view from documentaries video or National Geographic, haha.


This writing cannot be summed up, but to end it, I will put another canoe picture below.
Cheers!!





Comments
Post a Comment